Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sideshow

A clown came by
saw the look on my face
and laughed
i guess i cant pull off the mask

A magician came by
told me i was a disgrace
and laughed
I didnt even try to ask

An emo kid came by
saw the tear in my eye
and laughed
i guess the hair in my face doesnt work

A demon came by
even he started to cry
but laughed
he knows in what depths i lurk

What ever will I do?

Repent.

A minister came by
into his heart i did see
i laughed
He has the same sin as me

I didnt laugh at him
I laughed at us
We are the wretched poor
the entire human populous

Lets go now
To an Eden not of earth
Free from evil
Free from mirth

The time is now
and we must go
removed from this
endless freak show

The circus is gone
our performance is done
lets live our lives
in the light of the Son.

No comments: